Quantcast Ryan's Guitars: JP Fixed!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

JP Fixed!

Well, I finally fixed it! It took a lot of troubleshooting to get to the core of the problem, but I finally did it. Looks like I was right to begin with... the saddles were where the binding was happening.

After replacing the saddles with the Graphtechs I thought the binding issue would be resolved. Wrong. Because they are so new, the strings were still binding at the saddles! That made it really hard to figure out because I just assumed the Graphtechs were working and returned my focus to the nut. After playing around with it some more I heard the "tink" sound coming from the bridge and then I knew it was the saddle and not the nut. So I lubed the G, B and high E strings with GraphitAll and it now stays in tune as well as any of my double locking trem guitars. Whew! Finally.

Problem solved. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment